Top Tips for End of Tenancy Cleaning For Renters
If you’re a tenant and the end of your rental contract is looming, there will be a lot to think about. Having provided end of tenancy cleaning in Cambridge and its surrounding areas for many renters and landlords, our advice comes from experience.
Read our top tips below for exceptional end of tenancy cleaning to help you leave the property on top form.
Let’s face it. Most of us don’t like cleaning kitchens. However there are some things you should remember to do before you leave.
- Any food that belongs to you should be removed from the cupboards, fridge, and freezer – especially anything that has a short shelf life. The last thing a landlord wants to find is rotting food in the kitchen!
- Empty the bins
- A quick wipe down of shelves and surfaces with an antibacterial wipe should leave everything looking spic and span
- You may want to check that other appliances, like the microwave and oven, are also clean before you leave
- Hoover and mop the floor
- Make sure all your toiletries are removed
- Clean the bath, sink, and toilet
- Give any mirrors a quick clean
- Hoover and mop the floor
- Check for any build up of mould – if you spot any, you may need to apply a specialist mould removal product
The Living Room and Bedroom(s)
- Remove all your personal belongings
- Dust any surfaces and furniture
- Hoover the floor
If you’re lucky enough to have a garden space with your rented accommodation, hopefully you’ve been able to make the most of it during your tenancy. If part of your contract agreement is to keep the grass or hedge maintained you may want to check they’re in good form before you leave.
Get Back Your Deposit
Make sure you take all your belongings with you and remove any rubbish. If there’s anything you want to leave behind, it’s best to check with your landlord first.
Aside from getting extra brownie points from your landlord, and any housemates who are still living in the house, cleaning your areas can also be part of your contract. Failure to leave the house in the condition you found it in when you first arrived is usually grounds for losing a portion of your deposit. This will be to cover any cleaning costs.
Hopefully these top tips for your end of tenancy cleaning will help you.
If you don’t have time to clean your property or are unable to, ABCD Cleaning are a professional cleaning company based in Ely. We provide exceptional end of tenancy cleaning in Cambridge with a guaranteed deposit return for tenants, as well as landlord cleaning services for estate agents. To find out more, have a look at our pricing and get in touch today.