End of Tenancy Cleaning Checklist: How to Secure 100% of Your Deposit Back!
Whether you are a tenant looking to reunite with that oh-so-valuable deposit or a landlord wanting a spotless finish for new tenants, an end of tenancy clean is often a requirement of the tenancy agreement. In other words, there is no avoiding it!
Mydesposits states that damage and cleaning are the most common reasons for disputes between landlords and tenants. So, what can you do to leave both parties happy?
Can I Do an End of Tenancy Clean Myself?
Of course – if you fancy yourself a bit of a cleaning wizard then all hands on deck! However, there are some factors to consider before making this commitment.
- Do you have enough time?
- Do you already own the necessary equipment?
- Can you provide proof? Some landlords require a receipt from a cleaning company as proof of a deep clean.
- Have you prepared a checklist of what needs to be done?
Whilst we can’t “poof” you a day free to complete your deep clean, we can certainly provide you with an extensive checklist to help you carry out the perfect end of tenancy clean.
End of Tenancy Cleaning Checklist (Full checklist here)
Pro Tip: Before you start make sure you are armed with a supply of effective cleaning materials!
Ready to tackle your deep clean room-by-room? Find out which components should be scrubbed, cleaned and deep cleaned below:
- Kitchen. Floor to ceiling dust & deep clean, extractor hood, doors, lights & switches, tiles, fridge (inside and out!), windows, sink, the dreaded oven, washing machine and dishwasher.
- Bathrooms. Floor to ceiling soak, woodwork clean, light fittings & extractor, descaling of shower & taps, windows and mirrors cleaned, cupboards, sanitary ware cleaned and smear-free (toilets, sinks, etc) and shower screen.
- Bedrooms. Ceiling & woodwork dusted, light fittings, extractor, window sills & windows, furniture (as well as underneath & inside), floors hoovered & mopped.
- Lounge/Dining Room. Ceiling & doors dusted, lights & fittings, window sills & windows, full furniture clean, floors hoovered and mopped.
- Hallway/Stairs. Ceiling & woodwork dusted, lights & fittings, bannisters fully cleaned.
Think You Can Take on the Challenge?
If you don’t have the time, expertise, or equipment – don’t worry! Here at ABCD Cleaning we have designed a cost-effective end of tenancy cleaning package that will save you time and worry.
Our cleaning experts are fully trained and committed to getting 100% of your deposit back for you. In fact, we are so confident we actually guarantee it! If you are ready to book in your end of tenancy clean or have more questions, simply take a look at our competitive pricing and fill out our quick quote form today!